Helvetica and the Swiss Chemical Society are proud to award the 2021 winners of the Helvetica Prize of the Swiss Chemical Society for the best published papers of PhD/Postdocs 2020/21 in Helvetica Chimica Acta. The prize is endowed with CHF 1'000 for the winner and CHF 500 for the runner up. The prize was implemented in 2019 to honor outstanding publications of young researchers in Switzerland.
Richard Smith, Managing Editor of Wiley-VHCA honored the winners that then presented their papers in a 3min short presentation.
- 1st Prize: Daniel Hernandez‐Valdés (University of Zürich, Group of Prof. Roger Alberto)
«CO2 to CO: Photo‐ and Electrocatalytic Conversion Based on Re(I) Bis‐Arene Frameworks: Synergisms Between Catalytic Subunits»
- 2nd Prize: Nadja E. Niggli (University of Basel, Group of Prof. Olivier Baudoin)
«Design of Chiral NHC‐Carboxylates as Potential Ligands for Pd‐Catalyzed Enantioselective C−H Activation»
Helvetica and SCS congratulate Daniel and Nadja for their excellent publications.
The 2020 prizes went to:
- 1st Prize: Jérémy Vuilleumier, (EPFL Lausanne, Group of Prof. Sandrine Gerber)
«Photocontrolled Release of the Anticancer Drug Chlorambucil with Caged Harmonic Nanoparticles»
- 2nd Prize: Valentina Galli (University of Geneva, Group of Prof. Nicolas Winssinger)
«Caprin‐1 Promotes Cellular Uptake of Nucleic Acids with Backbone and Sequence Discrimination»
The 2019 prizes were awarded to:
- 1st Prize: Jovana V. Milić (ETH Zurich, Group of Prof. François Diederich)
«Thioether-Functionalized Quinone-Based Resorcinarene Cavitands: Electroswitchable Molecular Actuators»
- 2nd Prize: Kevin J. Weiland (University of Basel, Group of Prof. Marcel Mayor)
«A Chiral Macrocyclic Oligothiophene with Broken Conjugation – Rapid Racemization through Internal Rotation»